Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm Bigger Than My Body Gives Me Credit For

First off, HAPPY HUMP DAY!
I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July and I really really hope everyone's week is going by faster than mine. Sluggish is an understatement.

So if you read any of my blogs, follow me on Twitter, or are my Facebook friend, you will know that I definitely go through phases of obsessions. In lieu of my newly sparked interests, I thought I would add onto my bi-weekly lists by doing a bi-weekly obsession list. It might flop... but I am relatively over it.


There is something about this spring and summer that make me fall in love with pastels and floral prints.  It might look like my great-grandma's couch, but I really don't care because I keep seeing vintage florals everywhere! I have seen sunglasses, platforms, hand bags… and now nails.  I couldn’t be more thrilled about this.  So when I stumbled across what is sure to be my next manicure I knew I had to share with you all.  If you have ever attempted to paint leopard spots on your nails you know that intricate designs like this are challenging, but doable.  If you want to try this look on your own nails get a tiny paintbrush (the brush that comes with the polish will be too thick) and use the nail polish as if it were paint. You can do any color or design you like. ADORBS.





 THE NEW FRIZZ. Bobs with an imperfect, slightly frizzy finish. I don’t know what it is about this look, but I’m completely obsessed. It appears romantic, slept on + soft. It creates a glowing halo in the sun. Sometimes hair is the most beautiful when you just let it do its own thing. This makes me so happy because if this look is glamorous, I am looking like an A-lister just by waking up in the morning!





























These nails from YSL make me so happy. Only problem? They are YSL... and I'm a college student. You do the math.
















VINTAGE CAMERAS! Not only are they adorable and the most perfectly hipster accessory, but the quality of the photos are perfectly vintage, natural and beautiful. I found an old film SLR camera of my grandma's down in my basement a few weeks back and the only problem with it is finding film to fit! I can't wait to get my hands on the trigger.






























Bows look good with any look. Need I say more?


































Alexander McQueen ANYTHING. It might just be the hype surrounding the newly opened exhibit at The Met, but I have found a supreme passion for everything labeled "McQueen."

No comments:

Post a Comment