Thursday, July 28, 2011

Curiosity Killed The Cat

It's odd to imagine my life as anything else than the way it is now. Although I do love to daydream about moving far far away from all my friends and family and starting a new life somewhere, I'm not entirely sure I could ever do it.

A few opportunities have come up in my life and even talking about my future makes me nervous and scared. The majority of people at home I could leave in an instant. But it's the heavy hitters that keep me around. What is it that makes stubbornness such a prominent attribute to our lives? Why do we second-guess our dreams? Why do we let certain people get the best of us and affect our decisions about what we want to do, personally, with our lives? It's completely corrupt and borderline insane, but everyone here can admit to doing it.

Shouldn't life decisions be one-hundred percent selfish? You should be able to do what you want to do, right? Here's my theory. Follow your heart. Simple enough. Listen to your doubts. Listen to that little voice in your head telling you maybe there's something better for you out there. No one should wake up, thirty five years old and regret what they did with their life. Live while your young. And if you're not young. Cross off that bucket list! I am a college student with 167 bullet points on my list... and counting! The sense of accomplishment

Of course change in any circumstance is frightening to anyone. But moving forward with an open mind and open heart will open up so many new doors. Who knows, you might be missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime. Or on the other hand, maybe your destine to stay right where you are with the people who love you the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment