Monday, July 11, 2011

If You Seek Amy

A beautiful afternoon on this shitty Munders. I am hoping everyone had a fantastic weekend and got outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather! So, yesterday marked the end of the 11 day festival-extravaganza, Summerfest. Of course I tried to get down by the lakefront as much as I possibly could... and my attempt resulted in a success this year. Here is the lowdown of everyone I saw perform. Don't be too jealous.

Jack's Mannequin - I've been a fan since middle school. There is nothing this strawberry blond cutie can do wrong in my eyes. His lyrics are filled with passion, love, emotion and damn... he is a performer.

GirlTalk - Alright, I had no idea who this band or whatever the heck it is, was until I got to the stage. I though we were seeing Third Eye Blind and oh dear God was I wrong. So this GirlTalk is supposedly just a DJ that plays remixed songs. Old, new, whatever. From what I've heard, he's really big down South and just goes from college campus to campus playing for house parties and stuff. Okay.... I could do his job. And why have him at Summerfest? It was lame. I would have rather poked my eyes out with a dull knife.

Maroon 5 - Do I really need to say anything here? Adam Levine is sexy. And writes all of their songs. Herego, the concert was completely and utterly epic. They are a great live band and I am without a doubt, a life long fan.

Phil Vassar - I have seen Phil probably 4 or 5 times at Summerfest already. And he honestly gets better and better every year. The crowd is great and it's a two hour party. Don't miss it!

G. Love - We went to this show last Friday night while everyone was at Katy Perry. This guy is awesome. Not sure if I ever heard of him before this, but I am definitely a fan. And the show was great! The crowd was crazy and hilarious. I would definitely go to this show again.

Jason Aldean - He is phenomenal. All I have to say.

Britney Spears - She is a gift from God. Honestly. Anyone who gives her crap for any reason needs to shut up. It is so obvious how much time and effort and money she puts into her show and her personal performance. I give her a ton of credit and have a new found respect for the single mom. LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Brantley Gilbert - I had never heard of him before a week or two ago, and now I can confidently say I am huge fan. His genuine lyrics, danceable melodies and impeccable stage presence will make him a huge country star. Keep an out for him in the near future everyone!

So now that you have my list of newly favorited artists on iTunes, you will get my bi-weekly list. I know, I know I'm cramming so much into this one post but I haven't blogged in a while.
Alright. My list on this beautiful Munders is everything that is pissing me of right now. Maybe a complete 180 turn but, things need to be said.



1. People. So annoyed with everyone. Although I must admit, I am pretty flattered at how interested i MY life some people are. But honestly, I don't care who you are, don't go out of your way to ruin someone's day. Grow up. Move on. Be a decent person. One thing in particular comes to mind .... "If someone is trying to bring you down, it just means you're already above them."

2. Work. I love my job. But I am exhausted. I am burning the candle from both ends lately and need a break. OH! I'm going to Winona for a little R&R next weekend. Much needed. Problem solved.

3.  Summerfest is over! How annoying. Now I don't have a reason to dress up, grab drinks and listen to great music! Good thing state fair is just around the corner.

4. My hair. All this humidity and the bad haircut I got a few weeks ago is forcing me to wear my hair up 75% of the time lately. It has been crazy and wild and I might actually be loving it. As India.Arie would put it..... I am my hair.

5. Ignorance. I am so completely sick of people's ignorance and inability to act mature. I might be sounding repetitive of myself in #1 of this list, but I need to make my point clear. I try my hardest to throw the cold shoulder towards people who try to bring me down. At this point, I need my closest friends the most. And thank goodness I am so blessed in the good friend department. I thank God everyday for the people in my life and this weekend just proved how much they are really there for me. I have been best friends with Jackie since seventh grade and no matter how long of a time we spend apart, the second we see each other, something clicks and we are able to read each other's minds. She has helped me through so many difficult things in my life and I know we are always there and can count on one another. We are experiencing a similar hatred for ignorance lately and have devised a plan to take the high road when it comes to other people's immaturity and rudeness. We will see how it goes :)




p.s. 3 DAYS UNTIL HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 AT MIDNIGHT. I'm pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment