Thursday, August 4, 2011

Taken For Granted

Thursday Top Ten: I thought I would put together a list of things that bring me straight back to my childhood. In lieu of recent events, I have been reflecting back on everything that has made my life unique, special and all around incredible. Things these days seem to be taken for granted. It's sad to see people getting mistreated for being different or others not realizing how blessed they are. Although I have had so many set-backs and have been through some terrible situations, I know that He loves me and will light up my path when no one is there to walk with me.

Enough enough... to the list.

1. Sporting the latest fashions. My mother made sure I always looked my best for as long as I can remember.... these heart shaped sunnies were the hottest thing while sitting around grandma's pool.












2. Cotton candy. The only reason I wanted to go to so many ridiculous festivals with my family when I was younger was the promise of cotton candy.












3. Bows. I always had to have a bow involved in every ensemble. In my hair. On my blouse. On my ballet flats… Bows were a must. And to be honest… they still are!


















4. Dandelions. You can judge me all you want, but picking dandelions in my yard and seeing all the puffies fly away is a very vivid memory from my childhood. 


















5. Picking my neighbors flowers ... Ooops :)



























6. Weekend Micky Mouse pancakes. My parents would always try to fancy up the American classic by making pancakes into shapes. Definitely memorable.



































7. Pretty Pretty Princess. Do I really need to say more? I was one of those girly girls.



































8. Dreaming of being Cher in Clueless and wondering how I could talk my mom into buying me those knee high socks…














9. Disney World. By the time I was 12 I had already been to Disney 10 times. It is the happiest place on Earth and I still get goosebumps, butterflies and tears in my eyes whenever I lay eyes on Cinderella's castle. If I could, I would live there and be the happiest girl this world has ever seen.




































10. Fishing trips with my dad. Before my world knew stress and angst, the thing I loved more than anything in the world was going fishing just my father and me. The colors in the sunrise, the musty smell of the boat. It doesn't get any better. 


























What's your favorite childhood memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment